Stan and Karen World Cruise

Stan and Karen World Cruise

Saturday, January 10, 2015

As I keep checking the QE bridge cam, we're taking care of little things here and there.

In the meantime, to allow Stan at least a little bit of luggage space, I'm starting to remove some stuff from my stash. I'm not sure it's making a lot of difference since I seem to have other things to put in. But, at least I'm trying. I do think my day-to-day daytime attire will get repetitive. I've lived out of a backpack for two + months on numerous trips but we didn't see the same people every day :)

I think our port planning is about done - now, whether we'll remember anything by the time we get across the Pacific remains to be seen. We used to power tour, but have learned to take life a little slower. The GPS is loaded with places we'll try to see and my inch-thick hard copy pages may or may not get looked at again. We'll have a great time regardless.

Our friends think we are crazy - most have never been on a ship - maybe our lack of proximity to the oceans has some bearing on that. But to spend 3 months on one is way over the limit and generally inconceivable to most.




1 comment:

  1. On our sabbatical, Chris and I lived out of a suitcase for six months! People stop noticing your clothes and just see you! It's actually very freeing. You'll be fine. :-) What an exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete