Stan and Karen World Cruise

Stan and Karen World Cruise

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Thailand with Stan's blog


Our stop in Bangkok was much too short, which is my biggest complaint about this cruise as a whole - our 1 day port stops are often have less than 5 hours available. We took a transfer tour into Bangkok, which was fine but we had to be back at the bus by 2:00 pm, which meant taking a taxi at 1:00 pm to get through traffic back to the pickup spot. It was over 2 hours each way, so we really only had 3 hours in the city that was sightseeing (including the water taxi to the palace).

However, that said, Bangkok would be a city easily worth several days. We saw the royal palace (exterior only) and a couple of major temples - really fancy. Would have enjoyed China town, buy no time.

I was very tired and not feeling great when we got back to the port. Unfortunately, I missed the curb (actually hit the curb with my food and went splat!.) I thought I'd have massive road rash on my face, but mostly a good size cut and a black eye. Stan managed to get me back on the ship and into the medical center with a port wheelchair. They stitched me up and other than some bumps and bruises all over, I've done ok. Just glad I didn't have to be a medical disembarkation as we have seen a few times.



Facebook 

Google Drive 

1 comment: